Monday, December 20, 2010

10 Days Post-Op Surgery

Today is day 10 post-op, and I sort of feel normal again.  For those whose blood pressure recuperates quickly after a surgery, I imagine the recovery from a Mastectomy would be much less complicated. Mine was not.



Here's the Reader's Digest version of the last 10 days. Managing pain meds and blood pressure were the focus of my first seven days. Once I finally found something that didn't make me itch, twitch, or puke I was a much happier patient. My blood pressure remained low and made it difficult to get around without passing out. I started to feel normal again on Dec. 18.

Surprisingly, most of my discomfort now is the tightness in my chest and some slight swelling. I can raise my arms half way up. I am working on very light stretches and keeping myself vertical and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment