Saturday, December 4, 2010

6 Days Until Surgery

There's nothing like a major surgery shortly before Christmas to help you get motivated to finish Christmas preparations early. I have just about all of my immediate family finished. The malls are getting too crowded now, my cue that I need to let my computer do the rest of the shopping.

We got our tree today! This is THE earliest we've ever gotten one. My goal is to decorate it this evening and do a family picture in front of it tomorrow.

Now that my son Daniel is a junior in high school, I can't help but think that in a few short years, he may not be living at home during Christmas. He'll just be visiting from college. The empty nest thoughts are creeping in.

Finally, preparing the house for when I come home from the hospital (only an overnight stay thankfully) is an interesting task. I spoke to a friend who had the same surgery I'm having. She reminded me that I need some sports bras that zip or clip in the front and some button down shirts to wear. Thank goodness I still have five more days to make an attempt at being ready!

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis, Just want you to know how much I love you and that my prayers are with you constantly. I'm hoping to come up for a couple of days next week...trying to work out the details. Hang in there. I know you will beat this.

    Loves!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored if you can come, but I also know that orchestrating care for a two year-old has its challenges. I'm thankful knowing you are sending those healing prayers my way.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete