Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drain Free

It's official. I'm drain free. Not that this is any kind of earth shaking news, but when you have tubes attached to your body that require maintenance, take up a lot of space and make you look like you weigh 30 more pounds than normal, it begins to wear you thin. I truly am looking forward to a shower.. unencumbered.

My son Daniel drove me across town to my appointment to have the drains removed. I am not suppose to drive until next week. I probably could at this point, but my doctor would rather me not tear anything open while swerving to avoid a wreck. I hate to think of what an ER room would do to the careful reconstruction of my front section.

In a few weeks, I'll begin light physical therapy. I've already started doing some at home such as pendulum swings and table slides. I'm not supposed to lift my arms past my shoulders. I can't anyway because everything is so tight right now. It makes getting dressed very interesting. Some people have asked me if I have skin left or if I had to have grafting done.  No worries friends. They took the bad stuff out, put in some temporary gizmos so I still look female, saved some parts and stitched 'em back on. Cool eh? I'm still loving the fact that I'm cancer free and don't have to endure chemo or radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment