Thursday, October 28, 2010

Keeping The Mind Occupied

I'm presently working on a novel of 50,000 words for a global contest called the NaNoWriMo, which is short for National Novel Writing Month. It occurs every November 1st through the 30th. The NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organization which has been encouraging writers since 1999. It's a great way for me to take my mind off my diagnosis and focus on a meaningful pursuit that can be accomplish from anywhere.

Many of you know I was pursuing a career as a Physical Therapist Assistant. I haven't given up on that, not yet at least. I just don't know if I'll have the energy to take on a full school load or not next year while recovering from radiation. In the meantime, I'm hopeful on exploring my love of writing and seeing if I can make some money on the side by writing for magazines, newspaper, online news sources, blogging, etc. Who knows where this little adventure will take me.

What new adventures are you exploring?

1 comment:

  1. Happy day one of NaNoWriMo! I've known about this for years and haven't taken the plunge, due to lack of time. I am very excited for you!

    I'm thinking I could use some new adventures myself.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete