Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 18, 2010 Diagnosis & Follow Up

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on October 18, 2010. I'll always remember this day. Not for sentimental reasons, but because it's one of my sister's birthday. Sorry sis. But hey, I'll never forget your birthday right? I was sitting in my car outside of our local Starbuck's when my cell phone rang. I saw it was my doctor's office and figured I'd better answer it. I was expecting a call sometime in the next few days regarding results of a breast biopsy I'd had the previous week. (I'll save that expereince for another post). My doctor broke the news to me in as gentle manner as possible. I was alone, and had an excellant cry.

It was a beautiful day. A rare day of sunshine in October in the Pacific NW. It's usually raining. Not on this day. No, it's incredible. People are smiling, happy and going about their day. Meanwhile, I'm in my car wearing my sunglasses to cover my red eyes.  I start the engine and head home. Once home, I text, Bob to share the news. He asks if I need him to come home. No. I'm fine. (I need to be alone, call my sister, and my best friends).

My follow-up to the biopsy appointment was October 20, 2010. I meet with the doctor who performed the lovely little biopsy on my left breast, which for a few days was 1-1/2 times larger than the right breast due to swelling. It's an assortment of black, yellow, and green. Thankfully, the swelling is almost gone.

If any of you care to comment, please do. I want to know how you are doing!
Clean jokes welcome.

Love & Blessings!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment