Monday, January 3, 2011

Is it summer yet?

Brrrrrr....Is it cold enough here for you yet? I don't know about you, but the Pacific Northwest is known for its mild, winter weather. It wasn't mild today. It was bone chilling cold. The kind of cold when I take my dog outside for a walk, I have to wear three layers of clothing, thermal underwear, wool socks, gloves, and a hat in order to not have my teeth rattle. Wimp?  Heck yeah.

I stare out the window boldly proclaiming "I will walk the dog today". But the effort of putting together a cold-weather outfit for a 15 minute walk seems daunting. My mind wanders to visions of my Hawaiian summer vacation.



The white frost outside my door reminds me of white
sandy beaches, flip-flops, and shorts. I can't wait to get there and feel a warm tropical breeze while sipping something with an umbrella in it. Thank goodness for my vivid imagination during the long, dark month of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment