Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Return Blahs

The best part of returns

I hate returning purchases. It's a phobia for me, even if the store is known for being reasonable about returns. For my daughter its no big deal. She is chaffuered to the store without a worry about parking, door dings, long lines, tired feet or negotiating your return without a receipt.

Okay, I sound like I'm 90. It's not that bad. My brain just remembers all the bad feelings of returns, not the good feelings of the shopping experience. The 'oh my gosh' it fits perfectly and is just what I was looking for feeling. The older I get, the less patience I have for finding that perfect fit. I prefer to order everything online that I can, if only they'd give me free shipping when I return it for a bad fit. Some places do, not many.

My happy feeling of waiting for a few shirts and sweaters to arrive UPS was fleeting as last night I carefully tried each one on and NONE of them fit. Sigh. Now I have to return them.

Where do you shop that offers the best online return policy?

No comments:

Post a Comment