Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions




What kind of Blogger would I be without a post about New Year's resolutions?

It has been said that if you don't aim for something you'll wonder around aimlessly. That's kind of been me this past year. While at home during my forced recuperation, (I say this with love because it is forcing me to take a long look at my life's goals) I've been making a plan for things I want to accomplish next year  and beyond.

I love the freshness of a new year. It's like clean sheets. This week I have been making a list of some things I want to accomplish and places I want to take the kids.

Here's some of my top THINGS TO DO IN 2011:

  • Get bikini ready for Hawaii (no laughing!) 

Seriously, when I'm finished with surgeries, I have this goal to wear a bikini again. GO AWAY CHOCOLATE & COOKIES.

  • See a comedy act (In Jan. we're seeing Lily Tomlin)
  • Women's college basketball game
  • Seattle Art Museum 
  • Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
  • Friends over for dinner (we rarely do this)
  • Do more hiking on new trails
  • Visit a lighthouse 
  • Oktoberfest-Leavenworth & Nutcracker Musuem
  • Snowshoe at Mt. Rainier 
  • Ape Caves at Mt. St. Helens
  • See a play
  • Discovery & Olympic Sculpture Park
  • Free concert in the park 
  • Halloween train in Snoqualmie
  • San Juan Islands for a weekend
  • Creative Memories photo album for the kids
  • Clean out my office-DEEP CLEAN IT.
  • Clean out my bedroom closets & drawers
  • Sell some stuff on e-Bay
  • Get rid of junk stored in the basement. I mean it.
By the way, I made it to 11:30 pm New Year's Eve. I woke up at midnight when the dog jumped on the bed. Does that count as being awake for the new year?


How about you? What are your New Year's Resolutions? Any special places you want to see? 

1 comment:

  1. There's so much to see in Leavenworth, and it's been years since I Iast visited. Thank you for the link to your website. You have put together an amazing array of fun info for tourist and regular alike!

    ReplyDelete