Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stumbling Momentarily Off The Food Wagon

This evening I made this incredibly healthy dinner. My son is in the middle of his wrestling season. We always eat better during wrestling season. If I don't cook what he can eat, he's likely to grab a square of cheese and a piece of lettuce and run off to his room. I kid you not.

I'm finishing up this wonderful meal of whole-grain noodles with low-fat cheese, low-fat elk burger, and broccoli, when my husband walks in and plunks down a Christmas tin. A post-surgery gift to me from a co-worker.  A tin suspiciously looking like it's full of something I swore I was finished with on January 1st. I can hear you yelling already, "YOU DIDN'T OPEN IT DID YOU FOOL?"
 Step away from the brownie and no one gets hurt!
Yes, I did. Not only did I open it, I took a bite. I was like Bruce the Shark in Finding Nemo. One bite and I was a goner. They were the MOST incredible tasting chocolate chip, cookie-like brownie thing I have ever eaten. Ever. My husband stood there watching me devour these with a very guilty look on his face and says, "Yeah, I had three on the way home". I almost decked him and smugly told him, "You won't be seeing me in that bikini in Hawaii if you bring any more of this type of food into this house again!"

It wasn't my fault. I'm innocent. If I gain 5 pounds tomorrow morning, my husband is eating hamburger helper for dinner on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment