Saturday, November 6, 2010

Little Acts of Kindness

I'm old enough to know that wallowing in self-pity is never a good thing. With cancer, that little pity devil loves to come visit you. I kicked his butt today. I enjoyed a nice walk with my dog at the park this morning. Poor thing. She hasn't been walked in months and can hardly get herself up onto the couch. Maybe the couch part isn't so bad, but just like people our pets need exercise too.

We started slow and walked for a half an hour around the lake inside the park. There weren't many people there on a Friday at 10:30 am, except a dad and his boy of about two. The dad was taking pictures of his little guy fishing. They were both having so much fun. I called out, "Would you like a picture of you  together?" The dad beamed and said, "Yes, please." I snapped a picture of that joyous occasion and almost cried. I felt good, and the dad was gushing at how nice it was of me to stop and do that for him. Little acts of kindness to others can really boost your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment