Friday, November 19, 2010

TGIF & a date with Harry Potter

Thank goodness it's Friday, and I'm praying it doesn't snow! The boys are gone hunting for the weekend, and Holly will be out with friends for the evening. I have the house to myself. I even cleaned it in celebration of there won't be anyone around to mess it up. :)

I'm spending time with a friend of mine this evening I've not seen in ages. Every so often we head to our favorite little Italian restaurant and laugh for hours on end about the antics of raising teenagers.

What do you do when you have some alone time? When I get home tonight, I'm going to write for my NaNoWriMo novel until my fingers bleed, then bury myself under the covers with the latest Harry Potter novel, "Deathly Hollows." I didn't used to be a H.P. fan until I started reading 'how to write a novel' books, and they constantly referred to J.K. Rowling's brilliant writing style. I have to admit, reading them is a pleasure.

In her seventh and final book of the Harry Potter series, Rowlings does a wonderful job of sneaking in explanations of past stories, people, or items that you may have forgotten about from previous books into the current story line, so you aren't lost on what the characters are talking about. There are lots of surprises, and I find I need to re-read passages because of the unexpected events that cleverly present themselves in a subtle way.

My mom is a huge Potter fan and wants to see the Deathly Hollows part 1 out in theaters this month. Since I've seen all of the prior movies, but never read the books, I thought it would be fun to read the book before the movie and see how well the production compares to her books.

Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, which book (or movie) is your favorite?

Have a super weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment