Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Winter is here!

Last night was our first major storm of the winter. The wind howled and blew pine needles and branches all over the yard.  Thousands of homes, businesses and lots of schools were without power. My kids loved it of course. Me, not so much.  I had to keep kids busy, fed, and entertained.

Holly had high honors on her recent report card, so I took her to the mall to buy  a special sweater to celebrate. We had a nice time shopping together, and the mall was pleasantly quiet. Daniel spent the morning studying, then flew off to wrestling practice. The school had its' power restored in time for that.

It's only 8 pm, but I feel like it should be 11 pm. I'll be heading to bed early tonight, and praying that I still have power by the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment